Thursday, August 16, 2012

Leahi Shrug + Eyeleted Corset + City Safari


I am wondering lately if I have been falling behind in the times keeping with my retro, feminine look.  Seems to me that our current trends have decidedly moved away from the lovely retro look I adore.  I really want to keep current.  I don't want to be one of those middle aged women who gets stuck in a decade of fashion and can't move forward.  So todays outfit is me trying to do a more current look.  I think I'm doing it well though I suppose my shirt should be ill-fitted and asymmetrical to truly be on trend.  My best asset is my thin waist and petite upper half so I really am not enjoying all the skinny jeans with big tops; it is pointing out my least favorite body parts.  

 I have felt a need to overhaul my wardrobe.  I finally finished unpacking my closets.  I went from taking up most of the closets in my old house to having two walk-in closets in my new house.  Poor hubby was relegated to two small closets in two different bedrooms.  Sorry hun, but I really needed a cool-weather closet and a warm weather closet.   Anyhoo, back to my point.  In unpacking and organizing (down to the color) I realized I have mentally outgrown most of what I put away.  This spring I had already unloaded a good size closet worth of clothing but I still have a ton of warm weather clothing I will need to sell next spring and even more cold weather clothing I will need to start measuring and photographing for resell.  It is a daunting task but it is time.  Plus, once I sell off my clothes I get shopping money. :)



Outfit Details - All Anthropologie:
Sweater: Leahi Shrug
Top: Eyeleted Corset Top
Belt: City Safari Belt
Jeans: J Brand Crops
Shoes: Chie Mihara

No comments:

Post a Comment